Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What Would Your Soul Like To Tell You?

It is a beautiful summer morning. The birds are singing. The sky shines silver with the rising sun. The grass glows a vibrant green, fresh with dew. As I sit with my morning coffee, allowing the stillness to slowly awaken my mind and body, I wonder what my soul would like to tell me today. What would be my soul's greatest desire?

Have you ever thought about that?

We, in this mind and body, are here for a very short time, yet our soul has existed for an eternity and will go on existing forever. Are we not here for the expression and education of this soul? If you let this idea flow through you, you may feel the truth of it. Why else are we here?

I have often gone through the exercise of asking the soul a question and then allowing my pen to write the answer. This morning as I did this exercise, I found myself really wondering what I would do differently if I communicated more often and more clearly with my soul.  I seldom stop to ask my soul about choices and decisions. Am I being the greatest expression of my soul's desire? What would my soul do in any situation, if I allowed myself to listen?

Perhaps life is not so much about the petty desires, the mistakes, the successes.  Am I living in a way that serves the future of my soul? Am I gifting my soul with joyful memories to carry to eternity, or am I clouding the soul with sorrow and defeat? If I gave my soul a chance to speak would I see life differently?

I think of the eternal life of the soul, and wonder at the knowledge that lies within this part of me. Can we begin to imagine all that has gone on before? Here is the greatest storehouse of our past and future, yet we ignore or forget it's existence. As I write this, I can only feel how sorry I am for treating it as children treat parents - "How would you know how I feel or what is best for me?"

Of course our soul knows. What part of us could know more about us? Until recently, when I talked or thought about "going within" for the answers I looked to my heart. But I realize that our heart is often overshadowed by the mind and current life experience. Now, as I look to my soul for answers, I find there is soft detachment with no consideration for the personal experience. Within the soul lies global experience - how our actions, thoughts and feeling contribute to energy throughout the Universe, through time and space.

The soul does not offer advice as such, but gives fuel to passion, kindness to anger, patience to anxiety. The soul knows who we are today affects everything and everyone on this planet and in this galaxy, not just today but on into infinity.  I ask myself, do I want this thought or this action to create my future or the future of others?

If you ask and listen, your soul will give you answers. Maybe not in ordinary, expected ways, but you will know when you hear, see or feel the knowing within. It may come as a thought when you first awaken, before the mind has time to engage. It may come as a dream or a conversation with a stranger or friend. It may come in a news flash, or a song on the radio. It may come as a feeling drifting over you, leaving peace amidst chaos, or a sudden creative idea.

However it appears, trust that your soul is always absorbing everything you say, think and do. The soul knows and supports you fully. It is the soul that gives life to your body and it is the soul that will live on after your body dies. Today I ask "Soul, what is your greatest desire?" "What would you like me to know today?" "What is the best way for me to be in this situation?" "What can I do to serve your eternal life?"

No comments:

Post a Comment