Friday, July 15, 2011

The Miracle of Self Healing

I was asked the other day where I get the idea that we can heal ourselves. I understand that for many this concept is vague at best and unbelievable for most. So what gives me the right to constantly affirm that self healing is not a miracle - rather it is a decision we make. The miracle is in the creation of our bodies, giving us the tools and resources to manifest our own health.

I have been blessed to prove this to myself. Beginning at thirteen, I overcame a very serious ulcer. At the age of eighteen I convinced surgeons that I did not need knee surgery, proclaiming that I would find a way to continue dancing until I was 90, even though they assured me I would not be walking past the age of 30. At 45 there was talk of a wheel chair due to a deteriorating spine. At that time walking was painful, almost impossible, but I said NO, emphatically and sought help outside the medical realms, changed my attitude, worked on my fears and guess what, 10 years later - I'm still walking, feeling better than ever.

At about 48 I was reminded that attitude, beliefs, fear, anger and inability to forgive cause disease. Again, when traditional medical staff offered doom and gloom for my future, I said NO.

Illness is an invitation to heal what is going on in the heart and mind. The body is just an expression of our thoughts and emotions. We heal when we are ready to let go of the toxic emotions and thoughts, trading them for more life-affirming attitudes and beliefs.


I am not the only example of self healing. Look at the many cancer survivors. Think of how many people you know who have overcome serious injury or illness. Yes, we call it a miracle. It is. The point though is miracles lie dormant within each of us.

I feel blessed to know and understand we all have the ability to express the miracle we are. Self Healing is part of our make-up. Healing is not about physical health. Physical health is created when we connect with our Soul, releasing what is toxic in our minds.

Our creator put this machine; we call a body, together with care and precise thought. When our minds were created, we were programmed with perfection and given all the "thinking" tools required for ultimate operation. But, as is often the case, we forgot to read the manual, or we threw it away, before we were fully adept on the use and care of this precious creation.

The one hang-up in the whole system was the creation of self-will. Over the years we have been programmed to believe that we need to be fully in control. We have been programmed with beliefs of incompetence and seperation from the manufacturer of our most valuable asset. Many believe they were created with defects. There is a reason you are not under warranty. You were created in perfection, and through choices your perfect life is available - but you may have to read the operating instructions and make a few tiny adjustments in order to get everything back in working order.

The manual still exists. It is a program that cannot be erased or deleted. It sits in a hidden file within your operating system. Another reason to "go within" for the answers.

As I have said many times, we are one of the most unique, and precious, irreplaceable pieces of art available, yet we treat our bodies with less attention and love than we do a pretty picture picked up at WalMart.

This article is not about blame. It is written to provide awareness that Miracles are found in using the Operators Manual for creating with Spirit. Miracles happen when we follow Universal Laws and let go of beliefs, thoughts and emotions that are blocking us from our best life.

I urge each of you reading this to consider why things aren't working in your life - whether it is health, wealth or happiness. CREATE YOUR OWN MIRACLE TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment