Thursday, January 19, 2012

Allowing Self-Acceptance

Today I release all hopes, dreams, and desires. Most of them were built on a need for approval. In an instant I realize it is a need to approve of myself that keeps me seeking yours. So today I ask, "What do I do from love, from the heart, from my soul? What thoughts and actions feel right and in harmony with the truth of my being? What words would I speak, if they were of my true nature?"

If we approve of ourselves, there is no need for the approval of others. If, at the end of the day there is no guilt, no remorse, no promises unkept, or decisions unmade, then I have been true to myself. If I can look at what has been accomplished and what is left undone, and know I have done everything possible, that is enough.

One of the commandments is "Thou shall have no other gods before you". Today I see a new perception of this law. I realize that maybe Jesus was trying to tell us, that our own being must come first. There is only one God and that One Spirit lives within all of us, but we cannot change others. We alone cannot change the world. The only difference we can make comes from recognizing God within ourselves. When we seek approval outside of ourselves, in essence we are saying the God within you, is greater than the God within me, or otherwise saying there is more than one God. Beyond the ego, within the core of our being, we are all one. Without self-love, and self-acceptance, we cannot truly love or accept the Divine within each other. Seeking approval is to say I am not of God, and that is an impossibility. If we are seeking outside of ourselves, it is a good indication we know there is something we are doing or being that is not in harmony with Creation. When we put our own approval first, what we offer to others will be in alignment with Love and Light, and if we are at peace with ourselves, we can only offer peace to others. Whether they accept will depend on their own consciousness, and is not a reflection of the self.

The end result is another commandment stating a similar law. "Love your neighbors as yourself". As we learn to love and appreciate our own inner core, we then find loving our neighbors is a natural part of living, for it becomes easy to see the Divine within them. Once we find the loving, accepting and allowing part of ourselves, we are more able to see it within everyone around us.

To love thyself, and to accept the God Within is not selfish or egotistical, it is the complete opposite. It is unconditional love for all of Creation and the reason we are here.

My mantra, YOU ARE A SUCCESS BECAUSE YOU EXIST, takes on a whole new meaning.

As for the mistakes I have made in an effort to be loved, liked and approved of, I will clear up those I can, and forgive myself, trusting the Creative Process to make all things right. We are here to learn, and to assist others in their growth, and while life seems hard and not at all perfect - everything is just as it is meant to be.

Today with or without your approval I seek to be true to myself, so I can be true to you.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment