Saturday, October 29, 2011

Just For Today I Will See the Sweetness in Life

I woke up this morning with a feeling of joyful anticipation. I've noticed this feeling a lot these past few months. Then I begin to wonder what will happen today? Why am I having this feeling? I question how I could be feeling this way with all I have to do, my responsibilities, the sadness of friends, and trivial worries I harbor.  The feeling disappears. I did something different this morning - I smiled to myself and out loud to the Universe, I affirmed, "Thank You". The feeling remains. I consciously decided last night before I went to sleep to do something different, when that peaceful, happy feeling arrived. I planted the idea of holding on to whatever I felt as I was waking. I remember a part of a dream where hummingbird reminded me of the sweetness in life, explaining it is always there we just forget to allow it - we look past it to the problems we think we are having. Even now fully awake, I see the truth of the dream.

Have you ever noticed in the moment before you are fully awake, you feel a sense of peace or joy, or perhaps you feel a deep sense of love for life? Then you begin to think of all you have to do today, or the phone call you forgot to return yesterday. Worries about what will be or how the day will turn out start to set in as you come fully awake, and in an instant the original moment of bliss is gone.

During the deepest part of our sleep, our minds and bodies are given opportunity to heal. Worries and fears disappear as we become more attuned to Spirit, knowing we are safe, loved and protected. Our dreams often show us the way out of difficulty, restoring balance. As we are waking we hold on to the knowing we are guided, that life is meant to be joyful and that all is just as it is supposed to be. Then we allow the mind to take over, reminding us of all we think is not so great in our world. We override the peace or joy or love, as we begin the to do list in our heads, wondering how we will make it through the day. The dream containing the solution is lost from our conscious mind, and once again we feel alone, having to face the difficulties on our own.

What if we held on to whatever feeling we had when we awoke? What if we just trusted the gift we were given in our sleep? What if we let ourselves believe that all would be well during the day? What if we knew there was nothing to fear or worry about? What if everything that happened during the day was a gift guiding us toward the joyful anticipation of life?

I have decided to try this new way of looking at all that is happening around me. For years I have affirmed that All is Well in My World, among many other inspirational thoughts as they come sporadically throughout the day. I read the Reiki Prayer - Just for today I will not be Angry. Just for today I will not Worry. Just for today I will be Thankful. Just for today I will do my work Honestly. Just for today I will send love to every living thing. But today, I am adding - Just for today I will accept the gift of joy anticipation and see where it leads. Today I will not let all that appears to be wrong with the world, be wrong. There is a reason for all things and I trust the Universe. For today I will just notice what happens and without judgment be grateful for life.

If you would like to join me in this adventure, add your comments. If we all become more accepting of the peace we wake up with perhaps our lives would begin to reflect those thoughts instead of all the worry, fear, grief, anger and guilt we now experience.

Blessings to All

No comments:

Post a Comment